I'm finally HOME. AGAIN.

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - Musings by Jill at Sunday, June 05, 2011
I had a loooong, sweet sleep earlier today. It was a perfect day to laze around. New Zealand weather is very erratic. On most days this winter season, it pours. You're lucky to wake up to a very bright day. And this day was one of them. I easily got excited upon seeing the bright sun rays, shining through our window. I got even more excited when we got to my uncle's church. It was a Christian church actually with a different service than a Catholic's i've grown up to.


Seeing the people's cheery disposition made me feel like this is going to be a refreshing experience. And it was. Well, there's nothing more refreshing and calming, really, than being with Jesus. The pastor's sermon struck home. I have been feeling a kind of void inside and i knew deep within that i am thirsting for Jesus' comforting words and loving promises. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Ever since i got here in NZ for a vacation, actually. What i have made of my life the past twenty-nine years. What i have accomplished. What i have failed to do. What to make of the rest of my life. I turned thirty here, by the way. And it feels sooooo good to be HOME. We have always been a closely knit family and i can't begin to tell you how i sorely missed my parents. Their genuine, unpretentious and unconditional love. Their generosity knows no bounds. I have been a witness to that for the thirty years that i have been alive and there is not one person here, in this foreign land, who never told us that we have an awesome set of parents and that they have been blessed in so many ways just by knowing them. How can i ever thank the Lord for them? Ah. I knew i have gone astray. And i know i'll be doing myself more a favor, than my parents or anyone else, if i stay close to THE path Jesus has chosen for me and go back to the Catholic ways i have grown to love and appreciate.

Oh. I have been especially blessed today. All birthday celebrators were called in front and were given sweet treats! Yay! (I chose a Crunchie bar from the basket, thinking it would be best enjoyed by cutie cousin Ethan and my son, Creed). A woman (who i've learned later from my uncle is their prayer leader) approached me and held my hand and uttered a prayer for me. Seeing all the people from this congregation lay hands on us (there were only 3 of us, i think) touched me immensely, that my tears started flowing as soon as i heard them blessing us and uttering their words of comfort and well wishes for us. I felt Jesus right there and then. And i knew that from hereon, all the answers to my questions will be revealed to me in time.


I am and have always been BLESSED, so many times, and it's time i give back the glory. AGAIN.